Keep your bees happy
Treat for mites using our Oxalic Acid Vaporizer
* continental U.S. only
At long last, Oxalic Acid has been approved by the US Environmental Protection Agency. Now there is a simple, safe way to combat the Varroa Destructor mite. Oxalic acid vapor has been successfully used in Canada and Europe to treat varroa for a number of years. They have found that there are no ill effects on the bees. In fact, many beekeepers report that even after a single treatment of oxalic acid vapor, their bees just seem happier.
Treating couldn't be easier. It is no longer is it necessary to open a hive and disturb the bees. Simply put the required amount of oxalic acid into the vaporizer. Insert the vaporizer through the beehive entrance and connect a 12-volt battery. Total treatment takes less than 15 minutes and costs only a few pennies per hive.
Advantages of using an Oxalic Acid Vaporizer
- Quick and easy to use
- No complicated mixing when using the vaporizer
- No ill effects on the queen, eggs or larvae
- No bee die-off due to treatment
- Oxalic acid is a natural product found in honey and many plants
- Mites are seemingly are unable to build up a resistance
- Free measuring cup included
- Made in Urbana Ohio USA (not a foreign import)
- Can be used as part of an Integrated Pest Management system
- Many beekeepers report that bees seem happier after treatment
- Length of wand inserted into hive - 13 inches
- Capacity of cup - 2 grams
- Length of power cable - 5 foot 6 inch
- Vaporizers are shipped via US Post Office Priority Mail.
- Free tracking and 2 day shipment to most parts of the United States.
- Free Shipping is only available in the continental United States.
- We only ship to addresses in the United States.
- Shipping is within 24 hour of Money Order being received. (- or -)
- Shipping is within 5 days of Check being received
Full price including shipping: $79.00
Payment can be made by sending your clearly printed
name and address along with a check or money order
for $79.00 to:
P.O. Box 165
Urbana, Ohio 43078
* Include your e-mail to receive shipping verification *
* You may use a credit card at our store on ebay.com
* or you may use a credit card at our store on etsy.com
* Local pickup is also possible.
Call 937.471.7961 for more information
Click HERE to see the results of a study using 110 bee hives and Oxalic Acid Vapor. This was done by the University of Sussex, United Kingdom and completed in 2014.
Click HERE to read the EPA Oxalic Acid information label in a pdf file
The Varroa destructor is an external parasitic mite that attacks our honey bees. It attaches itself to adult bees, weakening them by sucking out their blood (hemolymph) and affecting the overall health of the hive. This mite also is know to spread many diseases. If an infested colony is not treated, it will likely perish. The Varroa Destructor mite can only reproduce in a honeybee colony. While it is difficult completely rid a hive of this parasite, most hives can tolerate a small mite load. It is generally accepted that there should be less than 2 mites per 100 bees. Any hive that exceeds this threshold should be treated to reduce the number of mites.
Excellent value, well constructed and shipped fast. Thank you!!!
Joe H. - Sterling Heights, MI
Item is just as described. Fast shipping
James W. - Hornsby, TN
quick shipment !!! As advertised!!!! will buy from again!!! WORKS GREAT !!!!!!
Dale F. - Grover, MO
Honest, n' reliable seller!...Best Vaporizer on the block! Thanx much!!
Tom S. - Westfield, MA
Nice thanks looks great an well made
Michael B. - Darlington, SC